Muse n views

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Never Again

Never again

I read that on a plaque at the Dachau concentration camp memorial site 2 weeks ago. That stuck in my mind.
I’ve been recalling that same phrase all morning while following the news on the war like situation in Mumbai. The endless discussions that ensue in office and with everyone else on the situation is getting on my nerves, especially since no one knows any better and it is just so easy to blame the government/security agencies/etc etc. I guess the real anger stems from the realization of how helpless we are in counteracting these terrorist attacks. I rage inwardly about not having any useful contribution to figure out how to systematically and constructively put an end to such attacks. Hence I don’t feel like even discussing the disturbing news with anyone. The least we can do as ordinary citizens is be vigilant. And this time stay away from the blame game. Pray that this ends soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home